All education programs are now operating on site
Students who present with any COVID symptoms will be sent immediately to senior reception and isolated in the COVID-19 first aid room. Parents/carers will be required to collect them from school.
- All staff members, volunteers and contractors are immunised against Covid-19 as per Victorian State Government requirements.
- St John’s College does not require evidence of Covid-19 vaccination for students and does not host Covid-19 vaccination clinics.
- Parents/carers may drop off and pick up students without signing in providing you do not enter any buildings.
- Parents/carers who are on site for more than 15 minutes (for example, PA volunteers or for meetings with teachers) must sign in and provide proof of immunisation.
Click here for the Australian Government Raising Children Covid-19 Family Guide.
Click here for the Australian Government Health Direct-Trusted Health Advice website.
If you suspect you may have coronavirus (COVID-19), or have any general enquiries regarding the pandemic, call the dedicated coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only. Click here for the DHHS Link
St John’s College is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone in our community.
- Safety protocols are in line with Victorian State Government advice.
- Everyone must practice safe hygiene: cover your face when coughing or sneezing, stay home if unwell, wash hands and physically distance.
In the event of a sudden lockdown: online learning arrangements
The College will remain open unless directed to close by the DHHS, for example, if we have a case or a close contact within the school.
In the event of a sudden closure:
- Refer to SEQTA for detailed instructions, your child/rens’ timetable and class work.
- Refer to the SEQTA notice board for information on eSafety, health and wellbeing services/information.
- Face to face lessons will be hosted in TEAMS.
Via SEQTA direct messaging please contact the Head of Junior School – Mrs Evangelakos, or the Head of Senior School – Mrs Sarigianoglou, or the relevant teacher, if you need assistance or support.
- Prep to Year 4 students will follow the advice provided by their class teacher (blended learning will be implemented: online and independent work).
- Parents are highly encouraged to keep some student stationery and supplies at home. We strongly suggest parents invest in second items so that in the event of a snap lockdown students have learning materials available (headphones/writing books/scrap books etc.) If your spare materials are at school organise with your child’s teacher to have some of the materials home.
- If your child/ren more (or less) work please let their teachers know. All families have different expectations and capacity to assist students; we are happy to make adjustments if they are required.
- Year 5 to VCE/VCAL students will follow their class timetable.
- Class work will be available on SEQTA; direct message teachers in SEQTA for support.
- TEAMS classes within MSO will be offered: teachers will communicate expectations to each class group.
- Follow all eSafe, ergonomic and wellbeing advice; online classes will include whole class check in and roll call, small group face to face sessions in TEAMS and independent off line work. Movement/body/eye breaks will also be included (times approximate).
Protocols for online learning
- Teachers work from home on some days and other days they will be on site (assisting with supervision of on site learning programs for children of essential workers/vulnerable children).
- All staff meetings will be online in TEAMS.
- Teachers will mark students in SEQTA as “Learning from home” unless otherwise informed by parents or ‘absent’ if they do not check into TEAMS sessions.
- Parents please follow the usual process and inform the College via the absence phone line if students are unwell and not attending class (call anytime, select ‘student absence’ and leave a message 9480 5300).
- Class TEAMS are automatically created as the timetable is synced with M365.
- Junior School Teachers will use a single TEAM for all live learning to avoid confusion.
- See SEQTA portal page for links to online programs for Junior School.
- Check Direct Messages regularly on SEQTA: refresh SEQTA regularly.
- Email Zendesk with any technical problems, the team are on hand to help you: email@example.com
- Students and teachers must adhere to all eSmart safety protocols/Safe Use of Technology Agreement/College policies when learning and working on line.