COVID19 UPDATE 24.11.21
Please note that the College has been notified of a positive case of COVID19 in the Year 3/4 cohort. Parents have been contacted to collect their children. Please do not panic, we are working through the process of notification and providing further notifications. Please monitor your email, SEQTA and website for further information.
The phones are running hot, we ask you to be patient at this time. We are packing up siblings of children in year 3/4. When you arrive at school we will send your children up. There is no need to call the school to advise you are picking up your children.
Information about testing and quarantine will be sent when we have had confirmation from DHHS and DET about the requirements. We thank you for your understanding and patience. As always your child’s safety is our priority.
All students have returned to on site learning (5.11.21).
For parents who choose to keep children at home work will be available on SEQTA; teachers are not able to deliver face to face and TEAMS classes concurrently.
Students who present with any COVID symptoms will be sent immediately to senior reception and isolated in COVID-19 first aid room. Parents will be required to collect them from school as soon as they can.
Please refer to SEQTA for all instructions about online learning. Please contact our Head of Junior School – Mrs Evangelakos, or our Head of Senior School – Mrs Sarigianoglou, if you need assistance or support. Feedback is welcome so if you need more (or less) work from teachers for your children please let them know. All families have different expectations and capacity to assist students; we are happy to make adjustments if they are required. Please see the SEQTA notice board for information on health and wellbeing services/information.
If you suspect you may have coronavirus (COVID-19), or have any general enquiries regarding the pandemic, call the dedicated coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only. DHHS Link
St John’s College is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone in our community.
- Safety protocols for 2021 are in line with Victorian State Government advice.
- Everyone over 9 years of age (staff, students, volunteers, contractors) must wear a mask outdoors.
- All members of the community MUST practice safe hygiene: cover your face when you cough or sneeze, stay home if unwell, wash your hands and physically distance.
- Refer to SEQTA Notices for more information.
In the event of a sudden lockdown: online learning arrangements
- The College will remain open unless directed to close by the DHHS, for example, if we have a case or a close contact within the school.
- Prep to Year 4 students will follow the advice provided by their class teacher (blended learning will be implemented: online and independent work).
- Parents are highly encouraged to keep some student stationery and supplies at home. We strongly suggest parents invest in second items so that in the event of a snap lockdown students have learning materials available (headphones/writing books/scrap books etc.) If your spare materials are at school organise with your child’s teacher to have some of the materials home.
- Year 5 to VCE/VCAL students will follow their class timetable.
- Class work will be available on SEQTA; direct message teachers in SEQTA for support.
- TEAMS classes within MSO will be offered: teachers will communicate expectations to each class group.
- Follow all eSafe, ergonomic and wellbeing advice; online classes will include approximately 30 minutes in TEAMS, followed by a period of independent work and movement/body/eye breaks (times approximate).
- Teachers work from home unless informed otherwise (all classes and meetings online in TEAMS).
- Teachers will mark students in SEQTA as “Learning from home” unless otherwise informed by parents or ‘absent’ if they do not check into TEAMS sessions.
- Parents please follow the usual process and inform the College via the absence phone line if students are unwell and not attending class (call anytime, select ‘student absence’ and leave a message 9480 5300).
- Class TEAMS are automatically created as the timetable is synced with M365.
- Junior School Teachers will use a single TEAM for all live learning to avoid any confusion.
- See SEQTA portal page for links to online programs for Junior School.
- Check Direqt Messages regularly on SEQTA: refresh SEQTA regularly.
- Email Zendesk with any technical problems, the team are on hand to help you: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students and teachers must adhere to all eSmart safety protocols/Safe Use of Technology Agreement when on line.