Child Safety Policy & Practices
The protection of children and young persons is the responsibility of everyone who works at St John’s College including its Board, Leadership, staff, contractors, parents and volunteers. We all share responsibility for promoting the wellbeing and safety of children.
St John’s College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to acting in the best interests of children and to keeping them safe at all times. At St John’s College;
- We want students to be safe, happy and empowered.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all students.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and asafety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
- We have spiritual, ethical, legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- We are committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.