At St John’s College we understand that all students are different!
We cater for our diverse learners in the following ways:
- We identify specific learning needs and provide individual learning plans for students with additional educational needs as well as gifted students who need to be challenged in their learning.
- We assist our teachers to prepare differentiated lessons and implement a variety of teaching strategies to ensure they are providing effective teaching programs particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
- We have a robust English as an Additional Language (EAL) program and expertly support students who do not have English as a first language.
- Our Learning Diversity and EAL teachers provides expert support and professional development for teachers and education support staff to support improved student achievement.
- We work collaboratively with other specialists, for example, speech pathologists, education psychologists and occupational therapists to coordinate services and promote a trans-disciplinary approach.
- We collaborate with outside organisations and participate in professional learning to ensure that our intervention and extension programs are in line with the latest research.