Our Mission, Vision & Values
To foster a love of learning, live the Orthodox Christian values of love, kindness, responsibility and humility, and celebrate Hellenism, in a community environment where everyone is welcome.
Our vision is to educate the whole person, academically, socially, spiritually and morally. Students leave the school with the knowledge, skill and confidence to succeed in their chosen field; to ‘walk the right path – Philotomo’.
Our Guiding Philosophy
We believe that when students feel safe and accepted at school, they are best able to engage in their learning. Student engagement and agency in learning are the foundation of educational achievement and personal growth.
The programs and practices at St John’s College support and promote the principles and practices of Australian democracy. These principles include:
- Elected government
- The rule of law
- Equal rights for all above the law
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of speech and association
- The values of openness and tolerance
- This is reflected in our everyday involvement in the total life of the College where we encourage each member to support our values.
Our Values – L.E.A.D
- Love God and one another.
- Be respectful and compassionate, with a commitment to helping others.
- Excel in life and learning with integrity and dignity.
- Aim high and set ambitious goals.
- Show resilience and persevere to achieve your personal best.
- Dare to dream with faith and optimism.