Our chaplaincy program assists the St John’s College community by providing pastoral care and spiritual, social and emotional comfort to all students, regardless of their faith or beliefs.
Our chaplains compliment the care offered by classroom/pastoral care teachers and assists everyone in the St John’s College community.
Our chaplains provide additional help and care to support the personal and social wellbeing of everyone in our school community – students, parents and staff.
- Assisting staff in the delivery of student welfare services.
- Providing students, their families and staff with support and/or appropriate referrals, in difficult situations such as during times of grief or when students are facing personal or emotional challenges.
- Supporting students to explore their spirituality and providing guidance about spirituality, values and ethical matters or referring students to, or sourcing appropriate services, to meet these needs; and facilitating access to support agencies in the community, where applicable.
- Supporting students and staff to create an environment, which promotes the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development and wellbeing of all students.
- Supporting students and staff to create an environment of cooperation and mutual respect, promoting an understanding of diversity and the range of cultures and their related traditions.
Being available to all students, staff and members of the school community.